It’s not easy being an ear nose and throat doctor in NYC. For one thing, the one way to really ensure New Yorkers ignore you is to give them medical advice. (Admit it—no matter what the doc says, you’re still working ten hours a day, right?) Otolaryngology studies in NY shed light on a host of problems with our patients’ hearing and breathing common to city living. New York is the greatest city in the world, but it’s hard to have healthy ears when the cabbie is yelling, or the subway breaks are shrieking, or the pounding of the jackhammer joins forces with the wailing of the police sirens. And a healthy throat is pretty hard to maintain when you’re breathing the pollution…or yelling back at the cabbie.
At the NY Sinus Center, we’re here to help you protect the delicate and complex systems that help you breathe and hear, so that more serious treatment may not be necessary, and treat you when they do. Often, sinus or hearing problems can be treated with non-invasive methods if your ear, nose and throat doctor can discover the cause of the problem. If you are a city dweller, you may want to consider taking these defensive measures:
- Wear earplugs when on the street or subway
- Keep your iPod volume turned down
- Use a neti pot every day to keep your nose and sinuses clean and healthy
- Check for signs of Acid Reflux disease, which can affect your voice, and get treated if you have it
- Trade your coffee for tea. (All right…considering a cup of tea instead of your tenth cup of coffee) (SHOULD BE DECAFFEINATED TEA)
- Drink lots and lots of water
Doing these things should help protect you, but even the most hydrated person gets sick sometimes. When you do, an ear, nose, and throat doctor is ready for you in NYC, specializing in getting you back to the hustle and bustle of a New Yorker lifestyle. Contact us at the NY Sinus Center for more information.
- None Found