As mentioned in a previous post, many of us are ready for spring. But if you have seasonal allergies, you may be stocking up on tissue, and battening down the hatches in preparation for the sun. Are you ready to manage your allergies this season? Here are some extra tips from an NYC ear nose and throat doctor to help keep your allergies at bay:
- Know before you go. Check pollen forecasts before you head outside.
- For a bright future, make sure to wear sunglasses—they’ll protect your eyes from allergens, too.
- Rip out the shag. If you’re living with carpet, you might want to trade it in for hardwood or linoleum.
- Lather, rinse, repeat. Make sure to get the pollens out of your hair before bed…or, rather, before you transfer them to your pillowcase.
- Lavage. Use a neti pot or sinus rinse for immediate relief.
- Rinse Fido. If your dog or cat is out enjoying the great outdoors, make sure he or she gets a good rinse before coming inside.
- Think timing. Exercise in the morning or evening when the pollen count is lower.
- Use a HEPA vacuum around the house. Plus, periodically stuff your pillows into a garbage bag, and use the vacuum attachment to suck all of the air—and allergens out of the bag.
If you are suffering from allergies, you may be at risk for sinusitis. Give a call to an NYC ear nose and throat doctor at the NY Sinus Center today to talk about options for treatment and prevention.
- None Found